Effective Date: 15/11/2022
- Services and Scope
- Personal Information We Collect
- How We Use Your Personal Information
- How We Share Your Personal Information
- Cookies and Similar Technologies
- How We Protect Your Personal Information
- Your Choices
- Children’s Privacy
- How To Contact Us
1. Services and Scope.
- Our Websites,
- Our mobile applications.
- Information collected by third parties through third party websites or services that you may access through BizGamers Services.
2. Personal Information We Collect
Information You Provide to Us:
We collect information you provide to us directly, and through third parties or service providers acting on our behalf, in connection with making purchases or using our services. This may include contact information, payment information, product preferences, among other information. If you choose not to provide certain information, this may limit your ability to take advantage of some features, promotions, or other Services.
- Contact and Profile Information: Such as your name, contact information, email address, username and password.
- Loyalty Program and Account Information: Such as contact details, address, password, birthday, user preference, rewards points history, payment information, and third party account information.
- Interests and Preference Information: Such as wish lists, gift, lists, or alerts or notifications that you choose to create on our Websites.
- Questionnaires, surveys, or contests: Information you provide when participating in competitions, surveys, or contests that GameStop may run from time to time.
- Interactions with BizGamers: Communications and requests to BizGamers including store associates, customer service, social media, and other interactions.
- Content you post to our Websites: Comments or products reviews that you post to our Websites, forums, and discussion areas.
- Other information you provide: Such as username, photos or avatars that you may upload to your online profiles.
Information We Collect Through Your Interaction With Us:
We and our affiliates, service providers, business partners, and select businesses with whom we have marketing relationships, may use technologies such as cookies, beacons, tags, and scripts, to analyze trends, administer our Websites, improve functionality, and to gather information about our user base as a whole.
- Device Information: including your IP address, MAC address, browser information, device type, and device IDs.
- Usage information: Information about your product searches, browsing behavior, clickstream information, use of our services, and date/time stamps.
- Social media information : Information may be collected from you if you interact with us on social media sites, such as Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, Reddit, Tik Tok, Discord, and Snapchat.
Information from Other Sources:
- BizGamers Affiliates, Business Partners, and Third Party Partners : Contact details, Account information, purchase or redemption information and usage or page-view information from business partners who operate their own websites and services, or for which we provide any services.
- Fraud prevention and investigations : We may collect information about you from publicly available sources, identity verification services and data providers. This data may be used in connection with investigations into fraudulent or criminal activities on our websites, mobile apps and services.
- Other Sources : We may collect information about you from other sources, such as data marketing or advertising service providers, analytics providers, service providers, or publicly available sources. We also create information based on our analysis of the information we have collected from you.
3. How We Use Your Personal Information
We use your personal information to provide you products and services, such as to communicate with you, support you, personalize our services, and develop our Services. We may also use information for other accounting, legal, compliance or security purposes.
- To provide you affiliate related products and services:
- Provide affiliate related products and services that you request such as physical orders or digital goods.
- Provide relevant and personalized recommendations for products, Services and, promotional offers based on your engagement with us online.
- Communicate with you through various channels with transactional or promotional information.
- Enable subscription services, loyalty programs, and other digital services.
- Administering surveys or questionnaires and to provide rewards or gifts, where applicable.
- To provide customer services to you:
- Provide customer service when you need help and/or to improve and optimize your experience with BizGamers online.
- Communicate with you through various channels to advise or provide status updates on your order, requests, inquiries, and applications.
- Support with your loyalty and subscription services.
- To market and advertise to you:
- Communicate with you through various channels about our products, services, updates, newsletters, promotions, surveys, and direct mailings.
- Manage your participation in events and sweepstakes.
- Publish customer testimonials or photos.
- Analyze our marketing strategies and trends regarding your use of our website, digital properties, and social media channels.
- Improve the effectiveness of our product and services, including websites, applications, and marketing campaigns.
- Send follow-up communications thanking you for your business or inquiring as to your satisfaction.
- To administer and enhance our brands:
- Administer our affiliate related products and services.
- Track the efficacy of our websites, applications, and locations to help us learn more about our visitors’ and customers’ shopping behavior.
- Improve our website experience, including for troubleshooting and maintenance purposes.
- Customize customer experiences on our websites, applications and digital properties, which may include for advertisements or promotions.
- Conduct research and internal analytics, develop new products and services, perform market research and data analytics, and analyze our products, services, websites, and applications.
- To secure our services, compliance, fraud prevention, and safety:
- Protect against error, fraud, unauthorized transactions, claims and other liabilities.
- Detecting and preventing fraud and malicious activities on our digital offerings and in your accounts.
- Assist law enforcement and respond to regulatory enquiries.
- Comply with applicable legal mandates, our policies, or industry standards.
- Protect our, your or others’ rights, privacy, safety, or property, including by making and defending legal claims.
- Enforce the terms and conditions that govern our Services.
- Protect, investigate, and deter against money laundering and other fraudulent, harmful, unauthorized, unethical, or illegal activity.
- For any other purpose not listed here, with your consent.
In addition to the above purposes, we may collect and summarize customer and visitor information in a non-personal, aggregate format for any purposes, including statistical or research.
4. How We Share Your Personal Information
We may share your Personal Information with third parties to perform services on our behalf such as email distribution, sending marketing communications, servicing products, maintenance of your account, conducting research surveys, verifying and validating information that you have provided to us, delivering products, third-party advertising, perform ad measurement services and providing customer support services. Third parties will only have access to your Personal Information as reasonably necessary to perform these tasks on our behalf and are not permitted to disclose or use it for other purposes.
Third Parties, Affiliates, Marketing Partners:
We may use the information that you provide us, or that we collect about you, in connection with the promotion of our products and services and those of our affiliates, including by sending or providing you with offers or promotional information. If you accept an offer from one of our third-party marketing partners, we may share your contact information with them.
Public posting and social sharing:
When you post public comments or ratings on our websites on public forums like our social media sites, blogs, and online reviews, your comments are accessible by other members of the public.
Links to Third Parties:
We may use third-party advertising companies to serve ads when you visit our Website. These companies may use information about your visits to this and other Websites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services of interest to you. Please refer to the “Cookies and Similar Technologies” section for more information.
We may disclose information about you when required by law, subpoena, or other legal process or if we have a good faith belief that disclosure is reasonably necessary to (1) investigate, prevent, or take action regarding suspected or actual illegal activities or to assist government enforcement agencies; (2) enforce our agreements with you, (3) investigate and defend ourselves against any third-party claims or allegations; (4) protect your rights or safety or that of others, or to protect the security or integrity of our Service.
5. Cookies and Similar Technologies
For detailed information on the cookies and similar technologies we use, the purposes for which we use them, and how to disable them, see below. You can also visit allaboutcookies.org to learn more about managing cookies and similar technologies.
Local storage enables a website or application to store information locally on your device(s). Local storage may be used to improve your experience, for example, by enabling features, remembering your preferences and speeding up site functionality.
Other similar technologies:
We may also use other tracking technologies, such as mobile advertising IDs, device fingerprinting, and tags for similar purposes.
Advertisements on our websites, applications, products, and services:
Third-party advertising companies serve ads on our behalf across the Internet. They may collect information about your browsing activities through cookies on other sites, and then display targeted ads on various sites that you visit. We may share data collected on our websites and applications may be transferred to third-party advertising partners. This information may also be shared with their demand partners for interest-based advertising.
Our Sites include social media features, such as the Facebook “Like” button and widgets, the “share this” widget, or interactive mini-programs that run on our site. These features may collect your IP address, which page you are visiting on our Site, and may set a cookie to enable the feature to function properly. Social media features and widgets are either hosted by a third party or hosted directly on our Sites. Your interactions with these features are governed by the privacy statement of the company providing it. We may post BizGamers information on social media sites. Your comments and other reactions will be visible if you respond.
If you have provided our app or other apps with access to your location, our mobile advertising partners may use your location to target advertisements to you. You can use the location features on your device to disable this targeting.
Mobile App Advertising and Tracking.
We may collect personal information from your mobile device, including unique advertising identifiers and the names and IDs of apps you have installed, as well as information about how you use our mobile applications and other unaffiliated applications. We and our partners use this personal information to enable interest-based advertising you receive through our Services and within third-party apps and other marketing channels.
6. How We Protect Your Personal Information
We implement reasonable, appropriate security safeguards designed to protect your Personal Information. However, no method or transmission over the internet or electronic system is completely secure, so there is no guarantee that data may not be accessed, disclosed, altered, or destroyed in connection with a breach of our physical, technical, organizational, or managerial safeguards.
Choosing a Password:
When you register as a user and create an online account on our Website, you will be prompted to select a personal password. To maximize your level of protection, you should choose a strong and unique password. You are solely responsible for maintaining the secrecy of your password and any account information.
7. Your Choices
We provide you with choices regarding the various ways we collect, use, and share your personal information.
- We may send you marketing communications from which you may choose to opt-out
- We also personalize your experience on our sites and mobile services by showing you advertisements that are tailored to your interests.
We want to offer you choices about the different ways we collect, use, or share your personal information. These choices are described below.
Accessing, Changing, and Modifying Your Account Information and Settings:
We provide many choices about the collection, use and sharing of your Personal Information:
- If you have registered for an account, you can access, review and manage many changes yourself via your Account Dashboard. Within the Dashboard, you can do things like update your profile information and change your communication preferences.
Data Retention and Account Closure:
If you wish to close your account, we will keep some of your Personal Information after you close your account to comply with our legal obligations (including law enforcement requests), meet regulatory requirements, resolve disputes, maintain security, prevent fraud and abuse, enforce our Terms and Conditions, or fulfil your request to “unsubscribe” from further messages from us. We will retain de-identified information after your account has been closed, but we will destroy your Personal Information when it is no longer needed for the foregoing purposes.
Right to Choose (Opt-Out):
You may choose not to provide information to us, and most Internet browsers offer some controls over the automatic collection of information from your computer. If you choose not to provide certain information, such as that required to make a purchase, then we may not be able to process your orders or inquiries. If we permit you to update any information that we store about you, we may keep a copy of the previous information for our records.
Marketing Communications opt-out:
You may opt out of receiving marketing emails from us at any time by clicking on the unsubscribe link in our emails or adjusting your Communication Preferences in your Account Dashboard. You will continue to receive service-related emails.
Browser Opt-out tools:
8. Children’s Privacy
Our Services are designed for and directed at people 13 years of age or older. We do not knowingly collect information from children under 13. If BizGamers learns that a child under the age of 13 has submitted personally identifiable information online, it will take reasonable measures to delete such information from its databases and to not use such information (except where necessary to protect the safety of the child or other as required or allowed by law). If you become aware of any Personal Information we have collected from children under 13, please see “How to Contact Us” for our contact information.
For additional tips on how to help children stay safe on the Internet, we recommend that you review information published by the FTC here .
9. How to Contact Us
If you have questions about how we collect, store, and use Personal Information, please contact us at the following:
Other related information has been listed on the disclosure page.