Thrustmaster T248P, Racing Wheel and Magnetic Pedals, HYBRID DRIVE, Magnetic Paddle Shifters (PS5, PS4, PC)9.2/10 (Expert Score)
- Versatile wheel shape, well-suited to all racing game styles
- Up to 25 action buttons including 2 dual-position encoders on PC
- Interactive race dashboard with a selection of more than 20 different displays on the wheel’s screen
- Dynamic Force Feedback: on-the-fly Force Feedback level adjustment (3 preset modes included) via the screen, compatible with all games
- Magnetic paddle shifters (patented H.E.A.R.T technology) for instant responsiveness, and a super-clear gear shifting feel
- Magnetic pedal set (patented H.E.A.R.T technology) for incredible 12-bit resolution precision that won’t decrease over time
- 4 distinct pressure modes on the central pedal for optimized braking according to the configuration and gaming setup (desk, cockpit, stand, etc.)
- Next-generation HYBRID DRIVE system delivering 70% more power than other Thrustmaster hybrid racing wheels (TMX series)
- Officially licensed for Xbox; compatible with Xbox Series X|S, Xbox One and PC
Compatible with PS5, PS4 and PC
Designed for all gamers looking for performance and immersion and wanting to free themselves from their keyboard, mouse or gamepad, or improve their skills after starting out with a beginner’s wheel, T248 is a racing wheel officially licensed for PlayStation 5 and PlayStation 4, and compatible with PC.
- Premium design with leather wrapping on the outer-facing portion of the wheel
- Up to 25 action buttons including 2 dual-position encoders
- Interactive race dashboard with more than 20 different displays on the wheel’s screen
- On-the-fly Force Feedback level adjustment: 3 Force Feedback curves (presets included)
- Next-gen HYBRID DRIVE system: 70% more power than other Thrustmaster hybrid racing wheels (T150 series)
- Super-responsive magnetic paddle shifters
- Magnetic pedal set with 4 spring configurations for the brake pedal
Real-time information onscreen
T248 offers different displays for real-time racing information: speed, RPM, race position, best lap time, and much more.
The list of compatible games is available on the Thrustmaster technical website, and regularly updated.
THRUSTMASTER RACE DASHBOARD DISPLAY
T248 features a selection of more than 20 different displays on its built-in screen: manual adjustment of a range of settings (selection of Force Feedback type, the wheel’s rotation angle, etc.), or the user’s choice of telemetry information (gear ratio, RPM, gamer’s best lap time, etc.).
DYNAMIC FORCE FEEDBACK
T248 features 3 types of Force Feedback (presets included), compatible with all games and modifiable on the fly directly on the wheel:
FFB 1: Force Feedback 100% proportional to the force requested by the game.
FFB 2: enhanced Force Feedback, for better skid control.
FFB 3: boosted Force Feedback, allowing users to clearly feel all racing effects from the track (curbs, skidding off-track, etc.).
NEXT-GEN HYBRID DRIVE SYSTEM
Providing gamers with extra power (up to 70% more than the previous Thrustmaster hybrid racing wheel, T150), T248 dominates racetracks thanks to its intensity.
The outstanding drivability made possible by this hybrid system avoids counterintuitive sensations and friction problems commonly found in racing wheels without a belt drive component.
25 ACTION BUTTONS
Including 2 dual-position encoders (up and down) located on the ends of the wheel’s central spokes, T248 features nearly twice as many action buttons as previous Thrustmaster racing wheels (T150 series).
This extensive range of physical and virtual buttons allows users to always have plenty of choices when it comes to assigning racing controls, in any type of game.
MAGNETIC PADDLE SHIFTERS
Thanks to H.E.A.R.T magnetic technology, T248’s paddle shifters allow for super-fast gear shifting, with clear and precise activation feel (30 ms response time) to avoid driving errors.
This proprietary technology, based on a contactless system of magnets without any friction, also allows for an unprecedented product lifespan over the long term — even with the most intense gaming sessions.
MAGNETIC PEDAL SET
Providing truly exceptional, thousandth-of-a-second precision, the T3PM magnetic pedal set also allows for 4 pressure modes on the brake pedal.
With completely smooth motion and avoiding the loss of precision over time experienced by standard potentiometer-based pedal sets, T3PM represents a huge, striking leap forward both in terms of versatility and in-game responsiveness
- Technically impressive
- Surprisingly powerful force feedback
- Hybrid design feels great to use
- Good on-wheel interface
- Magnetic T3PM pedal set
- Best paddle shifters going on an affordable wheel
- Feels and sounds cheap
- T300RS remains a solid option for a little more cash
- Shifters are hella loud
Thrustmaster T248P, Racing Wheel and Magnetic Pedals, HYBRID DRIVE, Magnetic Paddle Shifters (PS5, PS4, PC) Prices
Specification: Thrustmaster T248P, Racing Wheel and Magnetic Pedals, HYBRID DRIVE, Magnetic Paddle Shifters (PS5, PS4, PC)
There are no reviews yet.