Resident Evil 4 [Game]9.8/10 (Expert Score)
- Reawaken a Classic – Resident Evil 4 preserves the essence of the original game, now reconstructed using Capcom’s proprietary RE Engine to deliver realistic visuals and additional narrative depth to the iconic story that was not possible at the time of the original release.
- Modernized Gameplay – The team from 2019’s Resident Evil 2 returns to build upon the series’ modern approach to survival horror. Engage in frenzied combat with the Ganados villagers, explore a European village gripped by madness, and solve puzzles to access new areas and collect useful items for Leon and Ashley’s constant struggle to survive.
- Overwhelming Hordes – Face hordes of rabid enemies that threaten to overwhelm Leon with even more diverse methods of attack than in the original release.
- Survive on a Knife’s Edge – Years of intense training have taught Leon new ways to use his knife, helping to even the odds against the unrelenting onslaught of enemies. By parrying enemy attacks, you can avoid debilitating damage and evade lunging enemies seeking to grab Leon and hold him in place. Make smart use of scavenged knives to deliver precise finishing moves on vulnerable enemies, and even use the element of surprise to quietly dispatch unsuspecting foes before they break.
- Sophisticated Visuals – Built on Capcom’s proprietary RE Engine, Resident Evil 4 delivers breathtakingly photorealistic visuals in 4K, complete with stunning lighting and pooling shadows to create an up-close, intense atmosphere.
- Attaché’d at the Hip – The iconic attaché case returns, and now allows Leon to craft ammunition on top of item and resource management. It also has new customization options beyond expanded storage, including new colors and charms.
- Good Things on Offer – Fan-favorite characters and gameplay systems return with updates to provide more meaningful player choice. The Weapon Merchant will both sell and customize weapons, in addition to offering ways to trade in gems you have collected for various goods.
Resident Evil 4 joins Leon S. Kennedy six years after his hellish experiences in the biological disaster of Raccoon City. His unmatched resolve caused him to be recruited as an agent reporting directly to the president of the United States. With the experience of multiple missions on his back, Leon is dispatched to rescue the president’s recently kidnapped daughter. Leon tracks her to a secluded European village, however after making first contact he discovers a fervor beyond reason grips the local populace.
Modernized Gameplay – The team from 2019’s Resident Evil 2 returns to build upon the series’ modern approach to survival horror. Engage in frenzied combat with the Ganados villagers explore a European village gripped by madness, and solve puzzles to access new areas and collect useful items for Leon and Ashley’s constant struggle to survive.
Overwhelming Hordes – Face hordes of rabid enemies that threaten to overwhelm Leon with even more diverse methods of attack than in the original release.
Survive on a Knife’s Edge-Years of intense training have taught Leon new ways to use his knife, helping to even the odds against the unrelenting onslaught of enemies.
Attaché’d at the Hip – The iconic attaché case returns, and now allows Leon to craft ammunition on top of item and resource management . It also has new customization options beyond expanded storage, including new colors and charms.
- Entertaining enemy NPCs
- Visceral combat
- Immersive audio design
- Great melee/weapon combos
- Some dated aspects
- Repetitive visual design
- Knife durability can be a bit annoying
- No Mercenaries or Add missions at launch
Resident Evil 4 [Game] Prices
Specification: Resident Evil 4 [Game]
Ismael C. –
I played the original game before going into the remake. While the original is amazing in its own ways, there’s just something about RE4 remake that does everything the original does… but better!One thing I want to make clear: the gameplay for this game was INSANE and AWESOME. This is what action-survival horror is SUPPOSED to feel like and it’s perfect. The RE engine is the best it’s ever looked with this game and sometimes you’ll fool yourself into thinking you are watching a live-action movie!The story is VASTLY improved here as well. No longer are important character motivations or story details regulated to optional documents laying around like in the original! Each character (minus Saddler sadly) is given WAAAY more to do and say. Krasuer no longer feels like a one-dimensional villain and you actually learn why he hates Leon and why he’s out to kill his former partner.Luis is given an amazing character arch and Ashley actually has a lot of emotional moments that help you relate with her and grows the relationship between her and Leon the same way The Last of Us does with Joel and Ellie. There’s an emotional moment in the game in which a specific character dies (no spoilers of course) and it actually got me really emotional. This game has the best voice acting in the entire series, everyone does a FANTASTIC job.I also recommend staying till the end credits after finishing the game. You’ll be glad you did, trust me!
Garrett Sage –
This remake much like the RE2 Remake from a couple years back not onlytwists improves on every aspect of the original, it adds flair and new twists that the original didnt have. The gameplay is excellent, the shooting and choice of weapons enormous and spot-on. Leon also has his melee abilities to kick and lay the smack down on Los Illuminados. And speaking of Illuminados, they are scarier than ever before. The length of the game is longer and there is plenty to do via side missions from the ever-popular Merchant who makes a triumphant return. I only wish Capcom would have given RE3 this much love and as big of a production as they did here and with RE2, and that is a missed opportunity. If there were any doubts, lose them this is an excellent game and propels Capcom even higher than they already were with their most famous series continuing to improve by each new entry. CAPCOM, GIVE US CODE VERONICA REMAKE NOW PLZ!!
Ismael C. –
Capcom has done it again. RE4 remake is just as much of a masterpiece as the original version and but even more so. This remake had the same love and care and attention to detail while respecting the legacy of the original ad the Resident Evil 2 remake did. The graphics are top notch (especially after the most recent update, I also added screenshots from my gameplay) game play is addicting, and the environments are all amazingly recreated. I’m on my 3rd replay now and I’m still not tired of playing it! There are some great reasons to go back and replay with features such as new game plus and harder difficulties being added. The Mercenaries mode was just added too (it’s free DLC so you have to download it from the PSN store). If you are a RE fan, this is a no-brained. Capcom is doing a fantastic job with their remakes and I can’t wait to see which one is next! (Hoping it’s Code Veronica)