MSI MAG Z790 Tomahawk WiFi DDR4 Gaming Motherboard9.5/10 (Expert Score)
About this item
- Supports 12th/13th Gen Intel Core Processors, Pentium Gold and Celeron Processors.
- DDR 4 Dual Channel.
- Lightning Gen 5: The latest PCIE 5.0 solution with up to 128 GB/s bandwidth for maximum transfer speed.
- Quadruple M.2 Connectors.
- Wifi-6E: the latest wireless solution support 6GBz spectrum, MU-MIMO and BSS color technology, delivering speeds up to 2400Mbps.
- 2.5G network solution: Featuring premium 2.5 LAN to delivery better network experience.
- Lightning USB 20G: Built-in USB3.2 Gen 2X2 port, offers 20Gbps transmission speed, 4X faster than USB 3.2 Gen 1.
- M.2 Shield FROZR: M.2 thermal accessory. Keeps M.2 SSDs safe while preventing throttling, making them run faster.
- Memory Boost: Advanced technology to delivery pure date signals for the best performance.
- Core Boost: with premium layout and fully digital power design to support more cores and provide better performance.
- Audio Boost 5.
- 6 Layer PCB with 2oz Thickened Copper.
The MAG Z790 TOMAHAWK WIFI motherboard supports 12th & 13th Gen Intel Core, Pentium Gold, and Celeron processors. With its dual 8 pin power connectors and exclusive Core Boost technology, the MAG Z790 TOMAHAWK WIFI DDR4 is able to sustain heavy CPU power loads to support system-demanding game settings. Features an extended heatsink and 7W/mK thermal pads. Premium 6-layer server-grade printed circuit design with 2 oz. thickened copper improves heat dissipation & reliability. M.2 Shield Frozr prevents thermal throttling.
Connect and synchronize cooling with strategically placed pin-headers – including a dedicated pump-fan header. A fully-isolated DDR circuit delivers pure data signals for optimal gaming and overclocking performance. XMP profiles in MSI BIOS are MSI OC LAB optimized and can be easily enabled with auto power settings for optimized memory speed and stability. MSI PCI Express Steel Armor slots are secured to the motherboard with extra solder points to support the weight of heavy graphics cards. When every advantage in games counts, Steel Armor also shields the point of contact from electromagnetic interference.
With its dual 8 pin power connectors and exclusive Core Boost technology, the MAG Z790 TOMAHAWK WIFI DDR4 is able to sustain heavy CPU power loads to support system-demanding game settings.
Features an extended heatsink design, 7W/mK MOSFET thermal pads for improved thermal dissipation, and dedicated pump fan header.
The MAG Z790 TOMAHAWK WIFI DDR4 motherboard supports 12th & 13th Gen Intel Core, Pentium Gold, and Celeron processors.
4 x DDR4 Dual Channel (5333 MHz OC): A fully-isolated DDR circuit delivers pure data signals for optimal gaming and overclocking performance
Features Wi-Fi 6E, Bluetooth 5.2, 2.5G LAN, USB 3.2 Gen 2x2 Type-C, and USB Audio
Featuring 1 x PCI-e 5.0/4.0/3.0 x16 slot (with Steel Armor) and 1 x PCI-e 4.0/3.0 x16 slot* (*Supports x16/x4)
The MAG Z790 TOMAHAWK WIFI DDR4 motherboard features 4 x Gen4 x4 64Gb/s slots, strategically numbered for easy access.
M.2 Shield Frozr is MSI's most advanced thermal solution, offering the best possible protection to ensure maximum SSD transfer speed performance.
- Well balanced feature set for the price
- Excellent VRM
- Seven SATA ports
- Excellent connectivity options
- No PCIe 5.0 M.2
- VRM heatsinks could be better
- Behind the best at memory overclocking
MSI MAG Z790 Tomahawk WiFi DDR4 Gaming Motherboard Prices
Specification: MSI MAG Z790 Tomahawk WiFi DDR4 Gaming Motherboard
There are no reviews yet.