MSI Gaming Radeon RX 6650 XT 8GB GDDR69/10 (Expert Score)
About this item
- Equipped with 8GB of advanced GDDR6 memory to provide high bandwidth performance, enabling 1080p performance for today’s most demanding games.
- High-performance bandwidth. AMD Infinity Cache enables high bandwidth performance at low power, and low latency when gaming.
- The AMD Radeon RX 6000 Series graphics cards feature PCIe 4.0, with a throughput of 16GT/s which enables two times the bandwidth when compared to PCIe 3.0
- Enables next-generation gaming.
- With up to 32 enhanced compute units delivery powerhouse performance, 1080p gaming is easily possible at smooth framerates and maximum visual settings.
- Provides a powerful next-generation platform for the ultimate immersive virtual reality experience
- Enhances gameplay by delivering ultrarealistic images, detail and texture and improved lighting effects that create lifelike interactivity.
- Get more performance through new levels of communication between AMD Ryzen desktop processors and AMD Radeon graphics cards over PCI Express.
- Enable flexible connectivity.
- AMD Radeon graphics powers more than 500 million gamers on most of today’s newest gaming devices
The AMD Radeon™ RX 6650 XT graphics card can take on some of the most demanding titles at maximum settings with all the latest features enabled. With up to 32 powerful graphics compute units, coupled with up to 8GB of high-speed GDDR6 memory, and up to 32MB of low-latency AMD Infinity Cache™, these cards redefine enthusiast level performance. Maximize image quality and supercharge performance with AMD FidelityFX™ Super Resolution (FSR) across select supported games or boost your frame rates across a wide number of games with AMD Radeon™ Super Resolution (RSR) to deliver high-quality, high-resolution, and high framerate gaming experiences on AMD Radeon™ graphics cards. Enjoy increased performance with an all-AMD system for the ultimate gaming advantage. AMD Smart Access Memory™ enables select AMD Ryzen™ desktop processors to harness the full potential of the AMD Radeon™ RX 6000 Series.
- Great performance for 1080p gaming
- Extremely quiet
- AMD FidelityFX Super Resolution
- Only minimal gains over RX 6600 XT
- Needs to be priced competitively to make sense
- Ray tracing performance loss bigger than on Nvidia
MSI Gaming Radeon RX 6650 XT 8GB GDDR6 Prices
Specification: MSI Gaming Radeon RX 6650 XT 8GB GDDR6
The GPU has minor flickering problem, i already did a clean instalation of the windows and the drivers. I’ll be updating the post if solved.On the other hand, the GPU wasn’t new,all the plastics foil was removed. I suppose for the price (250$ + local taxes) is a good deal nevertheless. It’s kind of a disappoint that they say is new, at least seems to be in good state.Playing The Callisto Protocol 1080 high 140fps
AMD’s RX 6650 XT is a great gpu for the price. If only you get sent the right one.I was “mistakenly” sent an RTX 3050 AERO ITX.I tried to return it but my forward carrier was unable to comply. Saddest shopping experience for something as happy as a Graphics card.I ended up buying again a real RX6650XT. Just not this one. Be careful this may happen to you too.The real RX6650XT I got is performing great.Everything smooth. No game drops below 70 fps for me with near max graphics settings.Potential for undervolt and increased efficiency is amazing.However, if you manage to find an RX6700 or RX6700XT for anywhere around 350$ don’t doubt to make the jump.
Audio-Video Fan –
I wanted a mid grade graphics card. Nvidia is still crazy with their pricing so I decided on this card. This is in-between the RTX 3060 and 3060 TI but at a much lower price than either one. Out of the box, it looks like it has good build quality with plenty of coolers for its performance level. Sadly, the HDMI didn’t work but the display port did. I updated the drivers/firmware and it fixed the issue. I’m disappointed with MSI that the updated drivers were not included since this card came out about a year ago. After the update, it’s been working well. I use it for 1080P gaming and it’s handling all the games easily that I’m using it for, which are all casual games. No crashes, no screen tearing, etc. The fans are very quiet too. I hear the case fans more. We could always ask for a lower price. But considering the competition, this is a good one to get at this price.