Asus ROG Maximus XIII Extreme Glacial Z590 LGA 12008.9/10 (Expert Score)
About this item
- Intel LGA 1200 socket: Designed to unleash the maximum performance of 11th Gen Intel Core processor
- Optimized Thermal Design: Integrated EK water block that cools VRM, CPU and PCH; high-conductivity thermal pads, five M.2 heatsinks with embedded backplates and ROG Water-Cooling Zone
- AI Motherboard : AI Overclocking, AI cooling, AI networking and AI noise cancelation; Unmatched Personalization: 2” LiveDash color OLED, ASUS-exclusive Aura Sync RGB lighting, including one RGB header and three addressable Gen 2 RGB headers; DIY-Friendly Design: Pre-mounted I/O shield, V_Latch switch, BIOS FlashBack, Q-Code, FlexKey, Q-Connector, SafeSlot and Graphics Card Holder
- Extreme Power Solution: 18+2 teamed power stages – each rated at 100 Amps, ProCool II power connectors, MicroFine alloy chokes and 10K Japanese-made black metallic capacitors; Fattest Gaming Connectivity: PCIe 4.0, five M.2 slots, USB 3.2 Gen 2×2 front-panel connector, dual Thunderbolt 4 USB-C ;Industry-leading Gaming Audio & AI Noise Cancelation: High fidelity audio with the SupremeFX ALC4082 CODECESS, DTS Sound Unbound and Sonic Studio III draws you deeper into the game action.Communicate clearly with ASUS AI Noise Cancelation technology
- Superb Thermal Design: Enlarged VRM heatsinks plus integrated aluminum I/O cover, high-conductivity thermal pad, five M.2 heatsinks with embedded backplates and ROG Water-Cooling Zone Future Proof Gaming Networking: Intel WiFi 6E AX210 pair with ROG Rapture GT-AXE11000 to enjoy world’s first 6HGz wireless transfer speed, dual Ethernet with Marvell AQtion 10Gb and Intel 2.5Gb Ethernet.
Asus ROG Maximus XIII Extreme Glacial Z590 LGA 1200 offers native PCIe 4.0 support from the CPU, which means the PCIe and M.2 slots powered off the CPU will offer PCIe 4.0 connectivity when an 11th Gen CPU is installed. The PCIe and M.2 slots controlled by the Z590 chipset are still PCI 3.0.
While many high-end Z490 motherboards advertised this capability, it was not a standard feature for the platform. In addition to PCIe 4.0 support, Z590 offers USB 3.2 Gen 2×2 from the chipset. The USB 3.2 Gen 2×2 standard offers speeds of up to 20 Gb/s.
Finally, Z590 boasts native support for 3200 MHz DDR4 memory. With these upgrades, Intel’s Z series platform has feature parity with AMD’s B550. On paper, Intel is catching up to AMD, but only testing will tell if these new Z590 motherboards are up to the challenge.
Dual eight-pin ProCool II power connectors-pin
18+2 Power Phases
- MicroFine coils with special alloy
- 10K metal capacitors made in Japan
- VRM Cooling Radiator with aluminium E/S interface
- Extra Large VRM Radiator
- Aluminium Protection for Radiator
- Rear Plates M.2
- High-quality 18-phase 100A VRM
- 10 USB ports, including Thunderbolt 4
- 10 GbE plus Wi-Fi 6E
- Five M.2 slots
- Premium audio w/DAC
Asus ROG Maximus XIII Extreme Glacial Z590 LGA 1200 Prices
Specification: Asus ROG Maximus XIII Extreme Glacial Z590 LGA 1200
It isn’t lost on me, how crazy pricey this item is, and I feel lucky to have the ability to splurge on this item for my latest PC refresh. I cannot possibly put all of this thing to work, but just WOW @ how insane the feature set is, how great the build quality, and that I’m so excited to start obsessing over the cooling loop design.I have a solid month to focus and complete my parts gathering for the project, so I think I’ll be almost done by the time my wife is ready to speak to me again.
Very Annoying fact is that you need special water cooling in order to turn this thing on…so not only that it’s 1500 USD, you’ll need between 500-1500 more for water cooler solution to connect to the water block it came with, also too little USB ports and no USB-C on back, also, if u use all nv.2 ssd slots you cannot use the whole board as supposed to…I think to just get the hero version get same same features for third the price…
Eran Barak –
Nice to have but get expensive.